Serving: 8-10 pitas
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup lukewarm water (for the dough)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Take flour on a clean surface, make a well in between and add sugar and yeast.
- Start kneading the dough with little by little water. Add salt & oil after 5 mins.
- Continue kneading for 10-15 mins to make it a very smooth dough. (Add water as required)
- Once the dough is ready, apply some oil on top and cover with a damp cloth.
- Leave the dough for 2 hours to let it rise.
- After 2 hours when the dough has doubled in size, knead it again for 5 mins and divide into equal portions.
- Roll out thick Chappatis of the dough & let the chapattis rest in a greased baking tray for 30 mins.
- Bake it for 8-10 mins at 180• C.
- Pitas are ready!