Serving: 2 people
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 cups diced mix veggies (onion, capsicum, carrots)
- Lots of sliced mushrooms
- Cooked rice
- Salt & pepper
For the sauce:
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp black pepper sauce (optional)
- tomato ketchup to taste
- 1 tbsp rice flour/ cornflour to thicken
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and keep aside.
- In a pan, add oil and sauté ginger- garlic until translucent.
- Add the diced vegetables, mushrooms and cook everything on a High flame.
- Add salt, pepper and sauté the vegetables for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the mixed sauce over vegetables and give everything a good mix.
- Taste the gravy, adjust sauces if required.
- In another bowl (preferably a claypot) spread cooked rice in the bottom.
- Layer mushroom gravy over rice and cover it.
- Cook it for 5-7 minutes on a very low flame so that the rice absorbs flavours from sauce. Enjoy!